Man injured by exploding Corona beer bottle: Its like they are selling glass hand grenades

Man injured by exploding Corona beer bottle: \It\s like they are selling glass hand grenades\

Man Injured By Corona Bottle After It Spontaneously Exploded

Another man says he was badly injured when a Corona beer bottle suddenly exploded, shooting shards of glass into his leg.

“It’s like they are selling glass hand grenades,” retired California lawyer John Jay Curtis said of the New York-based brewing company.

I am angered, and disheartened that Constellation Brands, Owen-Illinois Glass and Costco for many months, if not years, continue to manufacture, bottle and sell Corona beer bottles after they learned a long time ago that some of these bottles have, without warning, exploded like glass grenades injuring people all over the country, putting out one mans eye, severing an artery and nerves in my leg, Curtis said.

Retired California lawyer says Corona bottle EXPLODED, severing an artery and nerves in his leg

Curtis, 75, is the third man in recent months to tell The Post that a Corona bottle exploded while he was handling it, causing gruesome injury.

I am angered, and disheartened that Constellation Brands, Owen-Illinois Glass and Costco for many months, if not years, continue to manufacture, bottle and sell Corona beer bottles after they learned a long time ago that some of these bottles have, without warning, exploded like glass grenades injuring people all over the country, putting out one mans eye, severing an artery and nerves in my leg, Curtis said

Curtis said he was carrying a 24-bottle case of Corona into his Mission Viejo, Calif., house Sept. 25 — walking toward the door to his kitchen from the garage — when “there was an explosion like someone shot off a grenade.

We take any claims related to consumer safety, health and well-being seriously. I can say unequivocally that we conduct rigorous testing throughout our production process, and our bottles are designed and tested to maintain their integrity. We will investigate the matter and remain committed to ensuring that our products continue to meet our high quality standards.

“All of a sudden, I’m in abject pain and thrown back on the ground. My right leg is all cut and bleeding profusely,” Curtis said.

“I passed out and lost consciousness for maybe 20 seconds and just bled everywhere, and then I come to, and I scream for my partner to come out and help me, and he did, and he started picking out the glass.

Curtis told the New York Post in an article published on Sunday that he was walking through his garage while carrying a case of Corona bottles, on the way his kitchen door, when suddenly there was an explosion like someone shot off a grenade.

Then in the ensuing days, the wound “started festering and got red and started hurting,” Curtis said.

John Jay Curtis, 75, from Mission, Viejo, California, shared photos of the gruesome injuries he sustained to his foot on September 25 following what he says was an explosion inside a case of Corona bottles that shot shattered glass into his body.

“I contacted my primary care physician, who said, ‘I feel something in there.’ She numbed me up and took a scalpel and found a little shard of glass that was in there.”

Curtis said that at some point, a nurse told him about news articles involving people who were allegedly blinded by exploding Corona bottles.

Following his ordeal, Curtis said he contacted both Constellation and Owens-Illinois, and both companies said theyd come take a look at the case that Curtis purchased, including whatever was left of the shattered glass bottles.

In July, The Post wrote about barback Gonzalo Luis-Morales, who says he was partially blinded by an exploding Corona bottle while he was working at a Manhattan bar.

Michael McGrew, a spokesman for Constellation, said, We take any claims related to consumer safety, health and well-being seriously. I can say unequivocally that we conduct rigorous testing throughout our production process, and our bottles are designed and tested to maintain their integrity.

Luis-Morales says his depth perception has suffered as a result of the exploding beer bottle, and claims he "cant even fill up a cup." (Matthew McDermott/Polaris)

A few weeks later, construction worker Lachtman Ramnanan contacted The Post to say that on Father’s Day a month earlier, a Corona bottle blew up, also partly blinding him.

Curtis said he was carrying a 24-bottle case of Corona into his Mission Viejo, Calif., house Sept. 25 — walking toward the door to his kitchen from the garage — when there was an explosion like someone shot off a grenade.

Curtis said he contacted Corona brewer Constellation Brands Inc. in upstate Victor and bottle manufacturer Owens-Illinois, which is incorporated in Delaware, and they told him they would come inspect what’s left of the bottles from the Corona case he bought.

“What the hell did Corona do to solve this” after the other two men reported being injured, Curtis asked.

Meanwhile, John Danzi, a lawyer for Luis-Morales and Ramnanan, said, Mr. Curtis is another victim of Constellation and their refusal to modify their manufacturing process.

He added that he wants Corona to issue a recall so that these types of injuries don’t continue to happen.

I contacted my primary care physician, who said, I feel something in there. She numbed me up and took a scalpel and found a little shard of glass that was in there.

Michael McGrew, a spokesman for Constellation, said, “We take any claims related to consumer safety, health and well-being seriously. I can say unequivocally that we conduct rigorous testing throughout our production process, and our bottles are designed and tested to maintain their integrity.

A few weeks later, construction worker Lachtman Ramnanan contacted The Post to say that on Fathers Day a month earlier, a Corona bottle blew up, also partly blinding him.

“We will investigate the matter and remain committed to ensuring that our products continue to meet our high-quality standards.”

In July, The Post wrote about barback Gonzalo Luis-Morales, who says he was partially blinded by an exploding Corona bottle while he was working at a Manhattan bar.

Meanwhile, John Danzi, a lawyer for Luis-Morales and Ramnanan, said, “Mr. Curtis is another victim of Constellation and their refusal to modify their manufacturing process.”

ByDeja Monet Published on November 5, 2018 Share Tweet Comment A man became seriously injured after a Corona beer bottle randomly exploded. According to FOX News, 75-year-old John Jay Curtis was carrying a 24-bottle case of Corona in his Mission Viejo home Sept.25 when the bottle suddenly exploded.


Posted in Corona