Culver City police announced on Monday they will no longer conduct a search of a Corona landfill for the remains of a 6-month-old boy whose parents have been charged with child abuse.
After weeks of research, consultation with … experts from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and discussions with Waste Management and the Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office, the Culver City Police Department has decided to discontinue the search of the El Sobrante Landfill for the remains of Jacsun Manson, a police statement said.
Homepage Local Earthquakes Data Desk California Times OC California Journal Education Readers Representative Journal Local + L.A. Now Politics Business Company Town Autos Michael Hiltzik Consumer Confidential Business + Auto + Nation Politics Entertainment Arts & Culture Hero Complex Movies Television Music Gossip Envelope TV Listings Entertainment + Opinion Op-Ed Opinion L.A. Editorials Readers React Top of the Ticket Endorsements Food Sports Dodgers Lakers USC UCLA Clippers Rams Chargers Boxing & MMA High School Varsity Times Angels Kings Soccer Ducks Olympics MLB NBA NFL More Sports World Afghanistan & Pakistan Africa Asia Brazil Europe Mexico & The Americas Middle East Obituaries Real Estate Hot Property California Living Fashion Health & Wellness L.A. Affairs Pets Home & Garden Books Health + Living Plus + Technology Science Travel Cruises Mexico & Latin America Theme Parks Travel + Visuals Graphics L.A. Times en Español Sabor EEUU Entretenimiento Internacional México Política Vida y Estilo Deportes E-Newspaper Design LA Extras Find/Post a job Games Comics Shop Los Angeles Times Archives Los Angeles Times Store Los Angeles Times Photos Local Ads Marketplace About L.A. Times careers Press Releases Staff Directory Search xml:space=”preserve”> Local Politics Sports Entertainment Opinion L.A. Now Local Authorities end search of landfill for 6-month-old boys remains By Hannah Fry Apr 22, 2019 | 11:05 AM Authorities on Monday called off the search of a massive landfill in Corona where they suspect the body of 6-month-old Jacsun Manson is buried. (Culver City Police Department) Police have called off the search of a massive landfill in Corona where they suspect the body of a 6-month-old boy is buried.
Authorities end search of landfill for 6-month-old boys remains
We make this decision with a heavy heart after an exhaustive investigation was unable to narrow down the possible location of Jacsuns remains within the landfill to a point that would make continuing the search reasonable, the statement said.
The baby hasnt been seen since late December, authorities said, and police say they believe his remains were thrown into a trash bin at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw mall and may have ended up in the landfill.
Williams and Jackson were staying with their infant son in a South Los Angeles motel room on New Years Eve and allegedly doing drugs and later found their child was dead, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office.
The parents put their sons body in a suitcase and left it in a trash bin, Deputy District Attorney Jon Hatami has said.
Investigators searched the El Sobrante Landfill on Feb. 25 but were unable to find any sign of the infant.
The boys parents — who had been living at a shelter in Culver City — were arrested Jan. 3 when they were found in a stolen vehicle, police said. Jacsun was last seen Dec. 31 with his parents, authorities have said.
CULVER CITY, Calif. (FOX 11) – Authorities on Monday discontinued the search for the remains of a 6-month-old boy in a Southern California landfill.
The Culver City Police Department said it was searching the El Sobrante Landfill in Corona for the remains of Jacsun Manson, who was reported missing to police on Jan. 25 by the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services.
"We make this decision with a heavy heart after an exhaustive investigation was unable to narrow down the possible location of Jacsun’s remains within the landfill to a point that would make continuing the search reasonable," Culver City Police said.
Jacsun’s parents, Kiana Williams, 32, and Adam Jackson, 34, were each charged with felony child endangerment resulting in death on April 11. Their bail remains set at $5,000,000.00.
On Dec. 31, 2018, the couple was staying in a South Los Angeles motel room with their baby son, 6-month-old Jacsun Manson. They were allegedly doing drugs and later found their child was dead, according to the district attorney's office. Officials did not elaborate on what they believe happened to the child.
Detectives believe that after his death, the pair put the boy's body in a suitcase and discarded it in a dumpster somewhere near the Crenshaw Mall in Los Angeles, according to police. Investigators believed that the 6-month-old's body may have ended up in the Corona landfill.
Jacsun was reported missing to the Culver City Police Department by the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services on January 25. According to witnesses, Jacsun was last seen on December 31 with his parents, who were later arrested on unrelated charges.