KENT, Wash. — Puget Sound Fire crews were busy Thursday morning trying to douse an explosive fire that has heavily damaged a business in Kent.
The two-alarm fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at the AAA Welding Company in the 22600 block of 84th Ave. S.
Explosions reported at early morning commercial blaze in Kent
Firefighters responding to the scene could see flames coming from the building and explosions could be heard inside. A propane tank was burning on the outside of the building.
“We were getting off the exit on Central and saw huge, huge flames coming from a warehouse,” said Autumn Carnley. “As we got closer the flames got even bigger!”
The welding company was run by a family and had been there for over 40 years. The owners were on scene and said they were devastated by the damage done to their business.
Firefighters worked to put out a blaze that broke out at a commercial building in Kent Thursday morning.
The Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reported about 4:05 a.m. that “some explosions” were heard at the structure fire at the 8400 block of South 226th Street while crews worked to contain the flames.
A tweet from Puget Sound Fire said there was a propane tank on fire, but did not specify whether the fuel caused the fire.
At 5:31 a.m., authorities said the fire was knocked down but they were still fighting a roof fire. No injuries were reported.
Commercial Fire in Kent. Command is using deck gun. Second alarm called 10 minutes ago. pic.twitter.com/VgbpOzBYeI
Agueda Pacheco-Flores: [email protected]; on Twitter: @AguedaPachecOh. View Comments No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ. Powered by Livefyre The opinions expressed in reader comments are those of the author only, and do not reflect the opinions of The Seattle Times.