Emergency Operations Director Rick Fontana said the gas emergency at 99 Townsend Ave. affected New Dimension Daycare with approximately 10 people.
“Those in the daycare were immediately evacuated to the Morris Cove Fire Station,” he said. “Elevated natural gas reading were found in the structure and one other.”
“This is a residential area the the cause is a leak underground in the street,” Fontana said. “SCG is now ready to dig street to assess further and repair as needed.”
He said Townsend Avenue is closed at Shoreham until further notice. Dean Street can be used to access the Morris Cove Area.
This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.